For five weeks this fall, Rabbi Kerry Baker will join us at Midweek Moorings teaching and interacting with us about Judaism. This is an attempt for our two faiths, who come from the same forefather and foremother, to dialogue and learn from one another. It is important for us as a Christian faith community to know our Jewish roots and understand our Jewish neighbors.
Rabbi Baker has received training at the Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion and the William Alanson White Institute (both in New York) and at the Family Education and Pastoral Counseling Center at the Episcopal Seminary of the Southwest in Austin, Texas under the supervision of William Spong.
Rabbi Baker offers spiritual guidance and pastoral counseling to individuals, couples, families and other groups in person, via "skype" and other forms of video conferencing, and even through letters and email.
He has started a new website called everybodyneedsarabbi.com where he shares his belief that Judaism can speak to every person's life and to every human heart.
Join us each week at Midweek Moorings for $5 dinner, served from 5:30-6:15, for prayers and a hymn at 6pm, and for Rabbi Baker from 6:15-7:15.
- August 26: The First Century as Jewish History
- September 9: Christianity and Rabbinic Judaism as Religious Revolutions
- September 16: The Parable and the Midrash
- September 23: Who Was Jesus? Christianity and Judaism Answer
- September 30 (following Business Meeting): Everything You Wanted to Know About Judaism But Were Afraid to Ask