Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Debra Watkins
Jeremiah 3:11-14 - Then the Lord said to me: Faithless Israel has shown herself less guilty than false Judah. Go, and proclaim these words toward the north, and say:
Return, faithless Israel, says the Lord.
I will not look on you in anger, for I am merciful, says the Lord;
I will not be angry forever.
Only acknowledge your guilt,
that you have rebelled against the Lord your God,
and scattered your favors among strangers under every green tree,
and have not obeyed my voice, says the Lord.
Return, O faithless children, says the Lord,
for I am your master;
I will take you, one from a city and two from a family,
and I will bring you to Zion.



Does this passage remind you more of "Take my hand, Precious Lord"or "Amazing Grace"?

Do you agree that's it's better to be faithless than to pretend to have faith, and be, in fact, faithless?

Do you hear hints of Revelation 3 in this passage? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment