Thursday, May 20, 2010


Musician Danny Brooks led Midweek Moorings. He shared his music and his testimony of a life changed from addiction to service for Christ. He asked that we pray for his ministry in the nightclubs and among those who are traveling the same self-destructive path he was on.
As you pray remember Danny's ministry along with these concerns:


for those celebrating a new birth...Matt and Amie (and sister Marillah) on the birth of Edward Mason

for those in the hospital...Blake
Holland
Clifton

for those who need our special prayers..
Russell, Jeanie, Nancy, Jim, Nell, Kay, Tom and Ola Mae, Susan, Scott, Bethany, Danny, Holly, AJ and Edna, James (a brother), Mary (a co-worker), Dominic (a  friend), Stephen (a brother), Ray Lee (a father), James  (a cousin), Donnie  (an uncle), Ann (a grandmother), Pat( a mother), Roy and Sandy (a brother and sister-in-law), Steve  (a son-in-law), Susan (a  friend), Robert (a  father-in-law), James (a brother), Gail (a sister), Sallye  (a cousin), Alice Ann (a friend), Bobby  (a brother).

for those who are celebrating a birthday…
Mrs. Doris Prather (5/8)
Mrs. Golda Huston (5/10)
Mrs. Susan York (5/13)
Mrs Betty Durbin (5/13)
Mrs. Tiny Blake (5/18)
Mrs. Ola Mae Martin (5/30)

for those serving in the mission field...
MAY
11 Larry Ballew, partnership advocate, Macau, China
11 Robbi Francovich, Emeritus, retired December 2006
15 Paula Settle, Rural Poverty Initiative, Eastern Kentucky
16 daughter, unevangelized people group, North Africa
16 Alex, 2001, son, Cindy & Eddy, Asia
16 Leela Togba-Doya, 2007, daughter Calandra & Jessy Togba-Doya, Liberia
17 Nell Green, work with internationals, South Carolina
18 Ciera Maas, 2003, daughter, Eric & Julie Maas, Belize
19 Joshua Stocks, 1989, son, Ralph & Tammy Stocks, Hungary
20 Micah James, 1994, son, Nancy & Steve James, Haiti
21 Persian World Outreach, New Jersey
21 Ron Winstead, Emeritus, retired January 2002
25 Rick Burnette, work with Palaung people, Thailand
26 Hunter, unevangelized people group, Asia
Psalm 139
1Lord, you have searched me and known me.
2You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from far away.
3You search out my path and my lying down,
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4Even before a word is on my tongue,
Lord, you know it completely.
5You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is so high that I cannot attain it.
7Where can I go from your spirit?
Or where can I flee from your presence?
8If I ascend to heaven, you are there;
if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.
9If I take the wings of the morning
and settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
10even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me fast.
11If I say, ‘Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light around me become night’,
12even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is as bright as the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
13For it was you who formed my inward parts;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
that I know very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16Your eyes beheld my unformed substance.
In your book were written
all the days that were formed for me,
when none of them as yet existed.
17How weighty to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18I try to count them—they are more than the sand;
I come to the end—I am still with you.
23Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my thoughts.
24See if there is any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Blessings, Doug

0 comments:

Post a Comment